Thursday, August 7, 2008

Day 15 (T-43): I feel that I earned it

Today was the first day in a long time that I feel I earned the respect of even myself. I have been in a haze of unclarity partly due to my circumstances and partly due to lack of information and research but I sure worked it today.

FOOD LOG
I kept an eating and workout log today and will continue to do so, posting my results each day
Meal 1: 370 cals ( Whey shake with 1/2 cup of oats and grapes)
Meal 2: 318 cals ( I don't remember? I know that al lmy meals fit all of the 3 macronutirents)
Meal 3: ~300 cals ?
Meal 4: 300 cals ?
Meals 5: 450 cals (chiken sandwhich and corn on the cob (lightly buttered) )
Meal 6: 325 Bowl of Kashi Winter Wheat? and .5 cup of D milk and .5 cup of Soy milk(not intentional- I just ran out)
Also I lifted weights at around 9:00 pm and had a protein shake of 110 calories

Calorie Total: 2173
Final Judgement:
All macro-nutrients met? yes
Calories counted? yes
Logged specific meal? not for all
Met calorie amount for day? - I need to calculate how much I need
Correct Macro-nutrient ratios? - I didn't consider that in all my meals- (I just put a portion of each
Tapered meals? Not fully
___________________________________________________________________
WEIGHT and CARDIO LOG
Thursday Aug 7 DAY 15 ( T-43)
Cardio
~7 am : HIIT 6 interval
Evening Cardio: None- too late and have an early rise tomorrow
Weights
~9 pm : Chest: 62.5 X 8....75X6....75X6
Bicep: 37.5X12....37.5X12....50X8
Lat Pull down: 37.5X12....50X12....50X12

Final Judgement: I did well today to start weight training but it wasn't ideal at all: I actually just changed my plan from the original one that had me only working bicep,chest,abs, and butt because I was confused on the concept of maintaining LBM by working muscles all around not just parts I wanted to improve and let other ones shrink and lose LBM. So... today didn't follow quite exactly as my new Weight training schedule says but I'm happy to be getting somewhere! : )

Solution:
1.Next time Follow weight program more accurately
2. In addition, right down the difficulty of each set LIVE.
3. Right down the specific muscle groups worked and machine being worked on for EVERY exercise.
4. Use the proper method of increasing weight> First more sets...then more weight.
___________________________________________________________________

DAY TOTAL JUDGEMENT: Relative to days in the past, today was a good day. In reading BFFM like a mad man, I finally made a break through which I didn't understand before: I didn't understand the concept of the Zig-Zag method and what exact plan to follow so I was just kind of doing whatever until I figured it out. I ate right, but I didn't pay attention to calories or have a set goal of fat loss or muscle gain.
____________________________________________________________________

MY REFRESHED GOAL:
-My goal is essentially the same except that now it is:
-% Fat loss with Muscle maintenance
- My goal is to be down to under 10% body fat from 12.5 % by September 18th and have maintained my lean body mass at 125 pounds.
-My Goal weight is 137.3 pounds according to the accumeasure body fat caliper formula.

Current Goal: Maintain LBM of 125 lbs. AND Decrease body fat % of 12.5 % to <10%

WEIGHT TRAINING
I am adapting a new weight training schedule from BFFM that goes as follows:

Variant 1: Four day routine (more aggressive)
Works each muscle once every three to four days
Mon:
Chest
Shoulders
Triceps
Abs
Tues:
Legs
Back
Biceps
calves
Wed: Off
Thur:
Chest
Shoulders
Triceps
Abs
Fri: Off
Sat:
Legs
Back
Biceps
calves
Sun:
Off

Repeat each week exactly as shown above

CARDIO
As my goal is fat loss in addition to this weight training schedule I will also be hitting cardio very hard:

Most mornings (5-6 days/week) I will do HIIT to kick my metabolism in the booty and help me to earn my big breakfast (biggest meal of the day!)

I will then do 45 minutes of medium-high intensity cardio (not too high as to burn muscle) later in the day (evening most likely)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Juan,
Great job today. I hear ya with regard to the information overload. However, looks like youv'e sorted it it out.

I like the traning split you are planning.

Now - work the plan. Your on the road to transformation.