Friday, September 5, 2008

Day 44: A new direction

I have pretty much finished developing Phase 2 and am in the process of setting some deadlines and goals. This part is very important and is the reason why I've come this far. It's quite hard to figure everything out and know exactly what I'm going to do with all of this information out there and a lot of it contradicting itself. 

Yesterday was an off day with some well deserved rewards meals. I did notice however that even though I didn't exercise at all, my energy levels were extremely low. I'd been doing cardio twice a day and either abs or full body weights each day. So, I guess I'm better off eating clean and shredding hard than eating crap and doing nothing. My body likes the former better, and frankly so do I. 

SO.....

I'm learning a lot and here's what I've got going for me so far
I've modified my system as follows:
1. Goal setting/ motivation: I am in the process of setting new goals, goal dates, and making a new goal card
2. Nutrition  -I've increased my calories to 3200 and am maintaining the same 50% carbs 30% protein 20% fat proportions.
3. Aerobic Training: Since I am in a gain phase I've cut cardio to 3 HIIT on tue,thur,sat
4. Weight Training: After some extensive research I've decided to stick to full body weights 3 times per week @ about 45 minutes each session. I will stay on this until my gains slow significantly and then I will switch to a split day routine.  I've learned some very important information on weight lifting technique in regards to form and other things. I've leaned by watching an episode of "the fit show" featuring Milo the (former Mr. Universe) about trying 100% on each rep and squeeze the muscle and lifting the weight by squeezing, not powering. Wow: Great info!

I am considering today a limbo day phase or rather a Day 0 prep day and tomorrow I will have official mission goals and plans as well as accountability! 

Thank you Adam for suggesting Tom Venutos Secrets site!

Tomorrow is a new day and a new beginning!
Shred on!

No comments: