Thursday, July 24, 2008

Day 1: Feelin Good!

Well, today officially marked the beginning of my 12 week journey! Let's review:   Yesterday I bought 30 cans of tuna for the week which I have put to good use today. I ate consistently every 2-3 hours while helping my family prepare my house for the new residents from Colombia. The work was a pain...especially in the back but I didn't feel like I could justify it as a workout. Today, in between putting down carpet and replacing porch steps I snook away to the computer to read some articles and do some research. I ended up finding some really good information on Nutrition and about reading food labels to check for different types of fats (good and bad). I also found a good resource for exercise demonstrations at bodyforlife.com and tried to find some motivational pictures mostly looking at make model images. 
I was busy doing the house all day, so I didn't get a chance to workout until 10 P.M. and decided to go running since I recently read that it was an effective method of burning high calories. I also read that jump roping is very effective as well and I think I'll try to implement it into my workouts soon.  So... I ran a round course on the streets by my house which I figured by driving and setting my odometer to be very close to 1 mile. I ran 4 times round in a half hour with only short breaks in between. Afterwards, I decided to change my plans...Instead of continuing to run for another half-hour, I went to my basement and Danced. I always listen to music when I workout( my secret weapon),  so I just decided to go in basement in front of a mirror and dance! At first I was all stiff from running but once I stretched out a little I really got into it. I got a really good workout and was glad I decided to switch it up! Oh by the way... When I was dancing, I used moves from a workout dvd my sister got called Hip-hop abs with Sean-T HEYY! haha but yeah...his moves really work your abs well even while you're standing and they keep you energized. By the time I was finished, I felt great!

I'm off to a good start and I'm getting a better idea of where I'm headed with this and it feels good!
Oh yeah... Here are my Day 1 photos




No comments: